CO--otherwise known as carbon monoxide. It's colorless, odorless, and deadly.
We go to extreme measures to protect our homes and families; whether it's by carrying a loaded weapon on our person, or installing a burglar alarm in our home, we want to feel safe in our own environment.
CO (carbon monoxide) is a gaseous fume produced by combustion. It can build up whenever you burn fuel in a motor vehicle, fireplace, or home furnace. You won't be able to detect it without help. It gives off no odor and it's impossible to see. This culprit has been the cause of hundreds of deaths in America each year, and it sickens thousands more.
The symptoms of CO poisoning can fool you, as well. They may seem very much like the flu, but can include headache, dizziness, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion. This is nothing to fool around with. The cooler weather will have us all firing up our heaters before long, so Air Care Systems by Price, Inc. wants to take the opportunity to make you aware of the potential hazard lurking in your home and help you avoid a catastrophe, if possible.
A carbon monoxide detector is relatively small and inexpensive and can literally save your life. They look about the same as a smoke detector and come in battery-operated or hard-wired models. Air Care Systems by Price, Inc. would be happy to install one for you, should you need any assistance. Of course, we'd love to sell you one of our models, but you can also pick one up at a local hardware store near you. These little machines are extremely to easy to install yourself.
If you need us, don't hesitate to give us a call at (479) 777-2331. Whatever you decide--professional installation or a do-it-yourself job--please be safe this winter!